Rent & Legal Protection
At Rentguard we understand that even the best intentioned tenants sometimes fall on hard times meaning they may be unable to keep up with their rental payments.
It is more often than not a change in circumstances, such as redundancy or long term illness, which causes a tenant to default on their rent rather than an unwillingness to pay.
While it is only natural to be compassionate to their plight, the landlord still has a mortgage to pay and that's where a Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee insurance policy can help.
We are able to provide letting agents with personalised links to place on their websites. This means that anyone who visits your website can click on it and purchase insurance products using your agent number and you will earn commission on each policy sold, as well as if the renewal is taken up.
|The insurance products we offer in this category are:
|Legal Expenses Only 12 months
|Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee 6 months (1 month excess)
|Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee 12 months (1 month excess)
|Legal Expenses &Rent Guarantee 6 Months (no excess)
|Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee 12 Months (no excess)
Key Benefits of our Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee Products
- Our policies are valid for up to 5 tenants on one tenancy agreement
- If the current tenant moves out, the policy will still be valid for the new tenants as long as no claim has been made under the policy and the new tenants have been properly referenced according to their status before they move into the property.
- On renewal of a Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee policy, as long as there has not been a break in the tenancy, the tenants circumstances have not changed and there have not been any payment issues, we do not require the tenants to be re-referenced.
- We can cover properties where the tenants have already moved into the property as long as they are subsequently referenced and pass the process. However, a claim can not be put forward for the first 90 days if the tenants moved into the property before the policy start date.
- Each Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee policy put on cover through us has to be supported by Tenant Referencing. Each person named on the tenancy agreement should meet the Tenant Referencing Requirements.
Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee policies cover:
Monthly rent up to £3,000 - up to £15,000 per claim (LERG policies only)
Advisors costs up to £25,000 - incurred in eviction proceedings (LERG & LE Policies)
Advisors fees for the recovery of dilapidations costs - as long as they are mentioned in the Dilapidations Inventory (LERG & LE Policies)Click here to buy Legal Expenses only or Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee cover online.